Wednesday 3 February 2010

Drawing the blues away

Today is definitely a Bob Marley day! I woke up yesterday feeling worse for wear as I’ve been rather pushing myself a little too hard and as a result had a pretty dark day. It’s funny like that isn’t it? Not funny “ha ha”, just funny odd! LOL! (The whole Goodfellas scene comes to mind!) However, today I feel much better, my spirit feels like it’s brighter and more like myself today. So while doing some work on the PC I felt the urge to listen to the prophet Bob Marley...and soothe me it has for I am now on a much better plane.

You see, for me Bob Marley has the singular ability to just draw my blues away; just like a tide retreating. His voice, his beautiful timbre, those penetrating lyrics and then to top it off such stunning music – utter genius.

It was many, many years ago, on an island off the west coast of Malaysia called Pangkor Island where Bob Marley’s music made a lasting impact on my life. You see, I was on my first holiday with the love of my life. We were in a world of our own surrounded by a tropical paradise. One day, very early in the holiday, we floated into the little town and decided to go into a fast food joint which was akin to something like KFC – but it was called Marry Brown! :-) There was a jukebox there and while dreamily looking into each other’s eyes and nibbling on fried chicken we listened to Bob’s ‘Is This Love’ which I had chosen a few seconds earlier.....and as the song played my love & I were filled with so much emotion – love, unconditional, pure and vibrant – time stood still. We had found our song. We’ve been together since 1999 and every time we hear it, we are right back there, looking into each other’s eyes. It is the most beautiful song – it’s our song and it’s just how our love and lives have panned out – ‘Jah provides the bread’ – ALWAYS. My heart swells as I tell you about it ... this song takes us to our blissful place.

Today’s listening experience – Bob Marley’s ‘Is This Love’

So my darling friends put this song on and if you have someone you love, let yourself love the way the song teaches us to and if you have not then find the special someone whom you can love this way. Sink deep into the song and let your heart swell. We all deserve to feel this kind of love and I wish it for you.

Prema
x

No comments:

Post a Comment