Tuesday 9 February 2010

A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do

I started this day on full tilt as I had a lot to accomplish before this afternoon. So, having been to the gym, practiced and also done some PR I am now poised to enjoy what is to come. I have an afternoon planned with a close gal pal of mine whom I haven’t seen since before Christmas! We are going to chill out, listen to music, indulge in teeny bit of vino (famous last words) as we catch up with each other.

It’s one of those little pleasures of life I really enjoy, just shooting the breeze with a mate. I hardly have enough time these days for the endless list of things I have to do which is why it’s so refreshing to take time out with a friend. It takes you out of your immediate world for a little bit and I think our souls need that more often than we realise.

So, I always set the stage for such events – choose the right tunes for the stereo, light my favourite scented tea lights, put on the mood lighting, get the little nibbles out and as is my wont indulge in my unhealthy obsession with serviettes! I simply MUST have gorgeous serviettes when entertaining ... my friends tease me endlessly about this, but a gal’s gotta do what a gal’s gotta do!

Today’s listening experience – Chick Corea ‘Spain’

I adore this track – in the first few seconds, I’m there ... in Spain – with sun streaming down on my skin, cocktail in hand, surround by great company with wonderful music making its mark on my soul. So, it’s time for you to leap in to the azure waters of this elevating track – and you will emerge refreshed, revitalised and ready for what life has in store for you next! Enjoy!

Prema
x

No comments:

Post a Comment